Live Sound 2
Tech25 offers Apprentice Programs that provide learners with hands on experience running live events.
Live Sound 2 is a deeper dive into live sound production with an emphasis on understanding Digital Consoles. Students are eligible for this program once they complete Audio Basics and Live Sound 1.
If you haven't completed those courses you can
Have you imagined working as a live sound or lighting technician?
Apply now for the Live Sound Apprentice Program! Program participants will receive “Live Sound 2” Certificate upon completion of this 4-week intensive apprenticeship. Get hands-on experience and work with industry professionals. Receive 40+ hours of technical training in our facility and at actual events. You will leave this apprenticeship feeling confident in running a small concert with basic audio equipment. This program goes beyond understanding the soundboard by exploring all the responsibilities of a professional sound engineer.
Live Sound 2 dives deeper into the science of sound, how audio signals are processed through hands on training in our studios.
- Learn the advanced concepts of Live Sound
- Hands-on training alongside professional audio technicians
- Train at the local events around the region
- Learn to program digital consoles, large PA systems
- Team-building activities to develop leadership skills
- Must attend all class sessions
- 4 week intensive training course with outdoor distanced events
- Associate Certifications offered to students who pass exams
- 25 Carrick Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15210
- Various venues and festivals
- Must complete AUDIO BASICS COURSE and LIVE SOUND 1
- No experience necessary but must have a strong work ethic
- Complete online application and participate in an interview
- Commit to attending all in person training sessions and events
Hours (AUGUST / OCTOBER / DECEMBER Sessions)
- Tuesday 4pm-8pm
- Thursday 4pm-8pm
- Friday or Saturday 4pm-8pm
- Attend 48 hours of training
- Test proficiency in Live Sound Basics upon completion of the program
- Ability to lift 40 lbs during load in/load out and stand outdoors for 4-5 hours at a time.
- Applications Open in September 2022 for October 2022 Session
For more information learn about: