Zero To Single: Recording Artist Bootcamp
Wednesdays 2:30pm-4pm in April
This workshop will teach you how to
Do you want to gain a better understanding of how to properly create, master song, market, and distribute your music to the public. This workshop includes four, two-hour long sessions, at the end of which, each student will have the opportunity to share your music at a local community production that will be coordinated and facilitated by the students and faculty.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!!!
You do not need prior experience in audio production to succeed in this class. Our goal is to help you complete the course with a greater understanding of music production, marketing, distribution, performance, and artistic branding.
- Understand basics to audio production / working creatively in a Digital Audio Workstation - such as..
Recording Vocals, Guitar, and any acoustic instrument.
- Programming Drums - MIDI
- Learn to record basic midi instrument / vst (synthesizer)
- Arranging a song via a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)
- Using these tools/knowledge creatively
- Artist Branding
- Use of the internet / social media / presentation
- Understanding basics of Marketing
- Advertising single
- Utilizing social media/networking
- Content creation
- Distribution, Performance Rights Organizations (PROs), and Licensing
- How to share music on platforms (distribution)
- Distrokid, CD Baby, Tunecore, etc.
- PROs - ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etc.
- Registering for monetization. Commercial use of your music
- 3rd party use of your music.
- Commercials, youtube videos, entertainment